Sunday, July 3, 2011

Getting There...

Last couple of months has been somewhat hectic, and having to deal with tons of other things, professional and personal, I took a bit of a break from writing (or at least blogging, to be more specific, see below...).

My students and their exams, touring around Greece and Italy, trying to figure out what to do about my strange and confusing relationship... all of these things kinda got in a way of writing about my life, although I guess it's a good thing I actually have a life that gets in a way of being written about, right?

Well, do not despair, my faithful readers, all 8 of you, because although you were not being regularly updated, I did not procrastinate - at least not as much as I usually do. I keep on working on ways how to reinvent myself and get my act together, thus I will provide you with a short list of some semi-achievements...

I've started working out, few months back, in the rhythm of Zumba. I used to dance back in the day, so I thought this would be an easy way how to get back in shape. Shows how much I know. I've lasted about a week, but in my defense, it's hard to stick to a routine, when you spend every other week on a bus with bunch of tourists. Obviously, Zumba is not the way, at least for me... On the bright side, I have actually started working out again, later on, weights and push ups and what not, and I'm happy to report that at this very moment, as a result,  I feel really sore all over. I have one more tour ahead, one more week on the road, and then it will hopefully be much easier to keep pushing myself.

Relationship and housing-wise, I've attempted several times to have a meaningful, constructive and productive conversation with my other half, regarding our future, goals and last, but not the least, financial situation, but alas, we have not come to a mutual understanding, consensus, if you will, and so these days (read: weeks to months) I am contemplating the future from variety of different angles, one of them as being single...

Now, the really good news is that I've started working on a novel, the concept of which I'm fairly excited about and so far the reviews from the people I've presented it to were good, so hey... Being fairly certain that my critics are not the kind of folk who'd try to make me feel better by hiding their opinion makes me feel like the book might not be a lost cause (though it still needs an unbelievable amount of work) and for the time being, I'm content with that. Once again, after the last tour of the summer is over, I intent to devote all of my time to working on it.

All in all, although I can't present you with any concrete accomplishments at this very moment, I'm actually quite satisfied with the way things are going, or, to put it as a proactive person I want to be when I grow up should, the way I'm making them go...

So yeah, I'm getting there...

No comments:

Post a Comment