Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Step One

That's it, the time has come to spring to action. I've started the blog, I've defined my goals and quite a few of you have asked me what items on the list have I started working on so far....

Well, so far, to be completely honest, none.

Since I don't want to be just all talk and no action, tomorrow morning (it's 8 pm now, cut me some slack) I am about to start working out, big time.

Every year, by the end of winter, I swear I'm gonna start losing extra kilos and firming up, so when the summer comes I can go to the beach without feeling too self conscious about my love handles and lack of defined musculature. This time though, my dear friends, to hell with "I'd like to...".

From tomorrow on I'm lifting weight, skipping rope and doing who knows what else and by the time summer comes I'll be in shape. The moment I press the "publish" button it will become an official statement, too, and if you see me in couple of months and it still looks like my clothes is tad too tight (not on purpose, that is), feel free to rub it in my face ;)

One more thing (which will hopefully inspire you to leave some comments, for once). How do you feel about "BEFORE" and "AFTER" pictures? I'm not bold enough to post a semi-naked pic of myself without a direct request and encouragement, but if at least 10 people think it's a good idea (for the sake of comparison), I'm game.

Let me know soon, though, from tomorrow on I'm a home-gym rat again... ;)

2 comments:

  1. Although it feels kinda lame, commenting on my own post, I just wanted to let you know that I have really managed to work out today, hooray ;)

    That being said, it's still somewhat sad that noone wants to see me topless... hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before and after pictures are a great way to really appreciate what you accomplish, so I say go for it! Taking measurements is a great way to keep track of things, too, since a scale can be really misleading. I'm right there with you when it comes to the gym! I am training for a big race this June!

    ReplyDelete